Anne Frank of Vietnam
July 13, 2006 Thursday 3PM CT
This hour on Here on Earth: Radio Without Borders, discover the story of the "Anne Frank of Vietnam." Join Jean Feraca to explore the impact of a young women's words on a Vietnam vet, a nation, and the world.
- Steve Maxner, Deputy Director of the Vietnam Center at Texas Tech University
- Patricia Pelley, Professor of History at Texas Tech University
- Special thanks to Pham Thanh Thuy who did the translation to English and reading in Vietnamese.
Questions for You (tell us your answers in the forum)
- Are we ready to look at the Vietnam war from the otherside?
- Are we able to recognize heroism on the part of our "enemies?"
- How do personal stories change the way we view history?
- Bruce 7/13/06: "I was just listening to the show in my car and what I heard from the readings was a pathetic blathering of Marxist brainwashing. The poor young woman exhibits an intense indoctrination in Uncle Ho's ideology. Please remember she was part of the North Vietnamese Invasion of another country, a pure and simple power play on the part of North Vietman."